Saturday, January 3, 2009

Confession Time

I have to confess that Christmastime is my favorite time of year. Starting at Halloween and running through New Years, I am always excited about the season. However, this year I am also excited to get back in my normal routine. I have had a wonderful holiday season and we've made some sweet memories and started some new traditions, but I have also missed some of the normal things that we do. I am ready to get back to Life Group every Sunday. We have so many great friends there and I miss seeing them on a regular basis. I am ready to see Baby Gracie again, too. Sleeping in for the past two weeks has been nice, but I bet she's grown even in that short time and I can't wait to see her first thing Monday morning. I am also excited for Choir and Bunco to start back up again. It is fun to get out and have a few adult conversations (not that Cassie can't talk...and talk...and talk.) and of course enjoy yummy treats at Bunco.
While I love all of these activities that I am already involved in, I am also looking forward to making a few changes in 2009. I have been working at Fashion Bug for the past few months and hope to continue doing so even though the holidays have passed. I am really enjoying it and love that it's part time. It's fun to go to work for a few hours and then come home and not worry about how things are going at the store. I also signed up for a 2 year membership at 24 Hour Fitness. The gym is just down the street, so I am hoping to really give it a go and get in better shape. (Maybe Cass and her gymnastics lessons will be an inspiration.) I am also determined to get Elijah and Ethan POTTY TRAINED. I am so not looking forward to this endeavor, but it has to be done. It will be so wonderful not to be changing diapers all of the time. (It's been 5 1/2 years and counting of diaper changing at the Donaldson's!!)
So, 2009 has arrived and I am looking forward to the coming year. I can't wait to see what this new year has in store for the Donaldson family and I vow to try to enjoy each day as it comes. I hope to see some old friends and family in the coming months, deepen the new friendships that have been forged in the past year, and maybe make some new friends along the way.

2 comments:

Jill Brisken said...

All great goals for the new year, Alyssia! I need to start on potty training with Caleb too . . . I think so far it is the thing I have dreaded the most about parenting. It took a while with Ethan, so I've been putting it off with Caleb. We'll have to support each other along the way!! :-)

Alyssia said...

I hated potty training with Cassie and I have been putting it off with the boys. The are not even interested yet and I am so not motivated. We'll definitely have to encourage one another!!