Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Layers of an Onion (Thanks again, Rachel)

Layers of an Onion
Peeling back the onion that is my life.



LAYER 1:Tell us your...

* Name: Alyssia

* Birthday (month, day): March 7

* Birthplace: Virginia

* Current location: Texas

* Eye color: Blue

* Hair color: Brown

* Height: 5'4"

* Righty or lefty: Righty

* Zodiac sign: Pisces



LAYER 2:What's...

* Your heritage: English

* The shoes you wore today: Slippers

* Your weakness: Chocolate

* Your fears: spiders, snakes

* Your perfect pizza: Mushroom

* Goals you’d like to achieve: Raise my kids to love the Lord!

* Your first waking thoughts: "Snooze, please."

* Your best physical feature: Eyes

*Your most missed memory: I had a great time at my wedding! That would be fun to do over. I also wish I had treasured the time more when the kids were itty-bitty.



LAYER 3:Do you...

* Smoke: No

* Cuss: No

* Sing: In choir and the shower

* Do you think you’ve been in love: I am in love.

* Did you go to college: For a bit.

* Liked high school: Sure

* Want to get/stay married: Of course.

* Believe in yourself: Most days.

* Think you’re attractive: Sometimes.

* Think you’re a health freak: Nope. Maybe that'll be my New Year's Resolution (again).

* Get along with your parent(s): Yes. They are awesome!

* Like thunderstorms: I used to, but then we moved to Texas. Storms down here are wicked scary!

* Play an instrument: Nope, but I'd like to learn to play guitar and piano.



LAYER 4:In the past month have you…

* Drank alcohol: No.

* Smoked: Nope.

* Done a drug: Cold meds. count?

* Made out: Wouldn't you like to know.

* Gone on a date: I got Trey to take me to see Twilight.

* Gone to the mall: Yep. Christmas Shopping.

* Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No.

* Eaten sushi: No, but now I'd like to go get some.

* Been on stage: Yep, choir.

* Been dumped: Nope. Still very happily married.

* Gone skating: No.

* Gone skinny dipping: No, it's winter.

* Stolen anything: No



LAYER 5:Have you ever…

* Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yeah. Not one of my best moments.

* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Unfortunately.

* Been caught “doing something”: No

* Been called a tease: I hope not.

* Gotten beaten up: No

* Shoplifted: Nope



LAYER 6:

* Age you did get/hope to be married: I was 24.

* Numbers and names of children (either you have or want): Cassandra (5) and Ethan & Elijah (2 1/2). Maybe someday we'll have more. Who knows?

* Describe your dream mate: My husband, Trey, fits the bill. He's sweet and smart and I've always thought he was good looking. He's an awesome father, a thoughtful gift giver, a friend and supporter.

* How do you want to die: In my sleep.

* What did you want to be when you grow up: A wife and mother and also a writer/journalist.

* What country would you most like to visit: England



LAYER 7: Now tell...

* Name a person you could trust with your life: Trey

* Name a favorite CD that you own: WOW 2007

* Number of piercings: 4 in each ear and I used to have a tongue ring.

* Number of tattoos: One butterfly on my back.

* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Does my old high school paper, The North Star, count? I was on staff.

* Name a past experience that you regret: I wish I had set a better example for Bryan and in so doing been a better friend to him. I miss him so much and it's a hard lesson to learn that tomorrow is never a guarantee.

1 comment:

Allison Ashinhurst said...

this was great!! loved learning more about you!! :-) Hope you guys have a very merry christmas!!