Layers of an Onion
Peeling back the onion that is my life.
LAYER 1:Tell us your...
* Name: Alyssia
* Birthday (month, day): March 7
* Birthplace: Virginia
* Current location: Texas
* Eye color: Blue
* Hair color: Brown
* Height: 5'4"
* Righty or lefty: Righty
* Zodiac sign: Pisces
* Your heritage: English
* The shoes you wore today: Slippers
* Your weakness: Chocolate
* Your fears: spiders, snakes
* Your perfect pizza: Mushroom
* Goals you’d like to achieve: Raise my kids to love the Lord!
* Your first waking thoughts: "Snooze, please."
* Your best physical feature: Eyes
*Your most missed memory: I had a great time at my wedding! That would be fun to do over. I also wish I had treasured the time more when the kids were itty-bitty.
LAYER 3:Do you...
* Smoke: No
* Cuss: No
* Sing: In choir and the shower
* Do you think you’ve been in love: I am in love.
* Did you go to college: For a bit.
* Liked high school: Sure
* Want to get/stay married: Of course.
* Believe in yourself: Most days.
* Think you’re attractive: Sometimes.
* Think you’re a health freak: Nope. Maybe that'll be my New Year's Resolution (again).
* Get along with your parent(s): Yes. They are awesome!
* Like thunderstorms: I used to, but then we moved to Texas. Storms down here are wicked scary!
* Play an instrument: Nope, but I'd like to learn to play guitar and piano.
LAYER 4:In the past month have you…
* Drank alcohol: No.
* Smoked: Nope.
* Done a drug: Cold meds. count?
* Made out: Wouldn't you like to know.
* Gone on a date: I got Trey to take me to see Twilight.
* Gone to the mall: Yep. Christmas Shopping.
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos: No.
* Eaten sushi: No, but now I'd like to go get some.
* Been on stage: Yep, choir.
* Been dumped: Nope. Still very happily married.
* Gone skating: No.
* Gone skinny dipping: No, it's winter.
* Stolen anything: No
LAYER 5:Have you ever…
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yeah. Not one of my best moments.
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Unfortunately.
* Been caught “doing something”: No
* Been called a tease: I hope not.
* Gotten beaten up: No
* Shoplifted: Nope
* Age you did get/hope to be married: I was 24.
* Numbers and names of children (either you have or want): Cassandra (5) and Ethan & Elijah (2 1/2). Maybe someday we'll have more. Who knows?
* Describe your dream mate: My husband, Trey, fits the bill. He's sweet and smart and I've always thought he was good looking. He's an awesome father, a thoughtful gift giver, a friend and supporter.
* How do you want to die: In my sleep.
* What did you want to be when you grow up: A wife and mother and also a writer/journalist.
* What country would you most like to visit: England
LAYER 7: Now tell...
* Name a person you could trust with your life: Trey
* Name a favorite CD that you own: WOW 2007
* Number of piercings: 4 in each ear and I used to have a tongue ring.
* Number of tattoos: One butterfly on my back.
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Does my old high school paper, The North Star, count? I was on staff.
* Name a past experience that you regret: I wish I had set a better example for Bryan and in so doing been a better friend to him. I miss him so much and it's a hard lesson to learn that tomorrow is never a guarantee.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks. I guess tis the season. We've had Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, Christmas Extravaganza, Christmas Cookie baking. Our internet was also out for over a week, so that kept me from checking in. In the upcoming weeks, we'll have family visiting and lots more Christmas stuff going on. Trey's grandmother is coming down to stay with his parents for the holiday. We are so blessed to still have her with us and it will be neat to watch her and the kids get to know one another. Trey's sister and nephews are also coming down for a Christmas visit and it will be great to see them again, too. I love this season. Despite the business, I just love it! I am so excited to share this Christmas with my family in our first official "home of our own". Merry Christmas, everyone.