Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15th

Today is Bryan's birthday. He would have been 28 and I find it sad that I remember his birthday now that he is gone. I don't know if I remembered every year that I knew him when he was alive. Now, when I hear the date, it stands out and I am reminded of loss. The loss of his smile, or his sense of humor. The loss of my friend. It has been 5 1/2 years since Bryan died, and still I think of him often. I miss him often. I wish for one more day, one more hour often. I wish I had known the last time that I saw him that it would be the last time. What would I have said? Would we have talked about the important things, or would we have joked around and just enjoyed each other's company? Time is a funny thing. It eases pain, but it can never erase it completely. Today, like many days, I miss you, Bryan. I've missed you since May 25, 2003 and I know that I'll continue to miss you for the rest of my days. For now, Happy Birthday, friend. I love you.

No comments: