Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Stroller!

I met my mother-in-law at the local mall this morning to pick up some freebies from Macy's and Dillard's. Gracie stayed home this morning because she is feeling under the weather, so it was just the boys and I. Of course I forgot the stroller in the rush to get on the road and I was a bit apprehensive about keeping the boys close. I shouldn't have worried. They were (for the most part) little gentlemen. They held grandma's and mommy's hands while we walked the mall and were even pretty good while we waited in the long line at Dillards. (we decided not to press our luck, and skipped Macy's) As a reward for their good behavior, we went and rode the carousel. They were big boys and each rode their own horse. Grandma and Mommy got to ride, too. They loved going round and round, up and down, and enjoyed the lights and music. When the ride was over, they hopped down without complaint and thanked the attendant as we exited. We watched the ice skaters for a few minutes and then said goodbye to the mall. I was so pleased with my sweet, little men. Who needs a stroller, anyway!!

1 comment:

Jill Brisken said...

Now, that sounds like a good day out in public! I love it when everything goes right and they are well behaved . . . so glad it wasn't a catastrophe without the stroller!