Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh Snow!

North Texas is covered in a white blanket this morning. It is beautiful and I love the quiet created by snowfall. I admit that I have been a bit jealous of my Virginia friends and family. They have been blasted by snow this winter. While I don't envy all of the hardships that massive amounts of snow cause (power outages, shopping craziness, and traffic snarls), I do miss enjoying the fun that snow can bring. I long to let the kids enjoy snowballs and snowmen and especially sledding. My mom and Dad have the best sledding hill and I have fond childhood memories of gliding down the snow-covered hill with the cold wind tangling my hair. So, today, I'll watch the snow fall here in Mansfield and sip a hot cup of tea and remember those snowy, winter days of long ago and be thankful!

No comments: