Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hi/Lo Thursday

Well, it's a Thursday and I am on Blogspot, so here goes.

My high is that I am off to Bunco with my mother-in-law in a few minutes. Bunco is a fun group game and there's always great food at Bunco parties, so those make it a high point. Mostly, though, it reminds me to be thankful for sweet in-laws who live nearby. I am so blessed with Bill and Pat. They love me as their own daughter and smother the kids with affection. I could not ask for better and am thankful that they are a part of my family.

My low is that Monday was the sixth anniversary of Bryan's death. It makes for a tough week and I tend to get a bit melancholy each time this year. I wish that I could be in VA to see his family and place a token on his grave. I miss you, Bry.

Father,
I thank you again for being a God who is with us in our highs and lows. It is a comfort that You are a constant. Thank you for providing high points during the low times in our lives to help us through. Thank you for the people who share Your love and ease sadness.

No comments: